The Shared Lutheran Ministry offers a variety of milestone celebrations and fellowship opportunities throughout the year. The Shared Lutheran Ministry proudly recognizes all the events and milestones in the lives of our members: baptisms, first communion, confirmation, and marriage/weddings. Other milestones include graduations (kindergarten, high school, college, etc), 1st day of school, 3rd grade Bibles and more. If you have an important milestone coming up in you or your child's life, feel free to share it with us!
The following are just a few of the ministry programs. Please check the monthly newsletter for more event info or the event calendar. All are welcome!
Day Camp will be July 24-28, 2023.
• Breakfast and snacks are provided. Breakfast will be served 7:30-8:30 and camp will begin at 8:30 with pick up scheduled for 12:00-12:30.
• There is no cost for VBS but a freewill donation to cover the cost of the meals is suggested.
Participants will be divided into groups consisting of a Lutherhill staff person, a small group assistant, and campers similar in age. Bible studies, nature learning, service opportunities, arts & crafts, and games take place during group time.
WOMEN OF THE ELCA
SLM has three WELCA (Women of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America) groups that meet. The ladies of WELCA meet monthly for Bible study, fellowship and ministry meeting. Each group has outreach projects which include projects such as making quilts for Lutheran World Relief, food drives for the local AMEN Food Pantry and much more. For information contact the SLM office.
St. John Rutersville WELCA is once again announcing the following summer food list for AMEN. Please contact Lorali Schultz at 979-249-3958 or Margie Stardig at 979-249-5291. All SLM churches are invited to participate. Please take the following list with you as you shop for those in need!
- June: Heavy-Duty Reusable Bags, Cooking Oil, Pancake Mix, Jam or Jelly, Peanut Butter, Hamburger Helper, Canned Chicken or Stew, Syrup
- July: Heavy-Duty Reusable Bags, Ranch Style Beans, Spam or Canned Chili, Cornbread or Biscuit Mix, Black-eyed Peas (canned or dry), Boxed Oatmeal or Cereal, Soup
- August: Heavy-Duty Reusable Bag, Dry Beans, Cereal, Boxed or Canned Milk, Canned Fruit or Fruit Juice, Crackers, Granola Bars, Egg Noodles
SECOND CHANCE VOLUNTEER SCHEDULE
The Shared Lutheran Ministry is on a rotation to volunteer at Second Chance in La Grange. More information can be found in all newsletters.
Donations Received: Mon.-Fri. 8:00AM - 4:30PM and Sat. 9:00AM - 2:30 PM
AMEN Food Pantry & AMEN/Central Texas Food Truck
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST
IN THE SHARED LUTHERAN MINISTRY
of Fayette County, Texas. All are welcome at any of our churches, and please call us if you have any questions. We are always ready to help.